I was so excited when Jessica from There She Goes asked me if I wanted to participate in a Tips and Tricks guide for TSG. Of COURSE!!! Why wouldn’t I???
To Check out The post on TSG (It looks better than it does here!) Click HERE.
I love using ribbon, but also have had lots of fabric scraps since I’ve been sewing a bit. So I decided to incorporate both. My Dear Husband served as a hand model. He was such a great sport too!
Raggedy Ribbon/ Shabby Ribbon
- You will need fabric like ribbon or actual fabric. I will show the tutorial for both. Cut a piece of ribbon about 8 inches (depends on the size of your card)Cut a slit into the ribbon .
- Grab both ends of the ribbon and pull the entire length of the strip of ribbon. You notice you will get the frayed edges right away from the tearing.
- Because this ribbon has some binding on the edges, I want to fray that as well, so cut real close to the binding, and repeat like last time. Pull the ends the entire length of the ribbon, and now you have frayed edges on both sides. You actually get two pieces of ribbon, because it was originally cut in half!
- Here is the final product:
- You can do the same thing but with fabric. Imagine how many ribbon pieces you could get from that!
Here’s a photo collage of the same steps without instructions!
If you are interested in some of that linen ribbon I have some for sale HERE.