It has been quite over here for over four months, almost five. Life happens, kids happen, responsibilities, vacation, etc. All I know is I am not going to commit to a schedule for the time being and will be posting as I create my cards.
I really liked this week’s MFT sketch and played along.
I created my own background using the sentiment Watt’s Up from the LJD WATT’s UP stamp set. using Grout Grey ink. I also went with a super bright color palette!
Pictured above is a close up of the die. This is how I assembled it.
- I cut out a bulb from white cardstock
- I cut out a piece of vellum slightly larger than the bulb and adhered it onto a large piece of redline tape adhesive and then ran it through the Big Shot. This way they vellum would already be adhered to the sticky sheet and I wouldn’t have to worry about placement.
- After the filament was cut in black I placed it on the stick side of the bulb.
- I layered the vellum portion of the bulb onto the previously cut white bulb and sandwiched everything. This was the filament peeks through, without having any of the other colors in the background.
- I finished assembling the rest of the bulb.
Stamps: LJD WATT’s UP stamp se
Ink: Grout Grey, black